Osman Khan (Interview)

Name : Osman Khan
Nikname : Ozzy
DOB : 20 05, 1988
Tell us something about yourself Osman?
Well, I am Osman Khan, Singer,  Songwriter & Lead Guitarist. The First Pakistani Grunge Rock Artist who represented Pakistan in Metal Asia Compilation and i am also Featured by NME and Rolling Stones Magazine. My Two Rock Solid hits are "Mujh Mein Hai Aag" and "Aag Reloaded ft Qzer" from the Album "Rock A Nation" coming out on April 30, 2013 in digital stores worldwide.
Any inspiration in this field of music?
Definitely yes, Post Grunge and alternative rock as in for genre’s and as far as Musician and band is concerned it’s simply Kurt Cobain and Nirvana.
How did you get started with all this?
At school days I use to say that I want to become a rock artist, never thought of a solo artist to be very frank, more of my own rock band. As they say life is the best teacher, it has taught me. I formed an Islamabad based rock band in 2007 and we did a lot of shows as a band until 2009 and then the band had to split up as 2 of the members got done with their studies and went back to Lahore, an year or so I was just nowhere. Meanwhile I started to learn Guitar myself and I was familiar with compositions and stuff,  it took 2
years and then in 2010 I finally started doing music as a solo artist, it was on for me and one and half year I did nothing but live shows everywhere, time shaped me up as what I am now. I started the first video project “Mujh Mein Hai Aag” with “XprodcutionsMedia” and then directed second one “Aag Reloaded” myself and now I am all set for the my Album “Rock A Nation” release.
 Any incident you remember when performing?
Haha, there are many actually, I was live at Bahria University Islamabad on Halloween Night, it was one crazy night with almost 2000 people in front of me. At the sound check I asked for mic test once, then again and then again and asked for guitar’s lead as well, but the sound guy was busy with something else, girl’s maybe. Anyhow there was redbull can in front of me and I kicked it so hard that it flew into crowd and I was like damn, what to do now.
 What are the five things you can’t live without?
Car, Music, Family, Internet and off course writing.
What is your favorite song to belt out at the bar/in the car/for karaoke?
Timberlake- Sexy Back
 For our readers who have never heard your music, explain your sound in 5 words?
Punk, Rock, Heavy, Paki, Grunge.
 If I was to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would I see on your recently played list?
Marilyn Manson, Mustafa Zahid, Justin Timberlake, Annie Khalid, Nirvana
 If you could go open up for any artist on tour right now who would it be?
Roxen
 So, what’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/playing etc?
There are many things I should say, business and work is priority. Long drives plus travelling and time with family and I am much more into history of the world and political system of Pakistan in contrast with world so I just try to grab some knowledge through alternate means rather than books, visit class often and talk to experts because I believe in educated people, people who have opinion about things as they are the best teachers.

You write all of your own music; where do you draw inspiration from when you write songs and what’s your favorite part about the process?
Inspiration comes from my own life, incidents and events and sometimes people I meet enable me to write and trust me I can write about anything. The favorite part is that it took me about 4-5 years to learn how to express myself with music.
 Five years from now you will be…?
I don’t predict about that, my life now is on the right path to achieve something big in my life, trust me the hardest job in this world is to create a name for yourself, I am all on it. This is main stream for me now with my 2 music videos released worldwide and now my debut album which is already making waves everywhere is coming out.
 Rapid Fire Round!!
Microphone : Shouting.
Stage : Love
Music : Life
Metal,Rock or Pop : Grunge Rock
What inspires you to jot down lyrics : My Life
Coke Studio : Insha Allah
Crowd/Audience : Teacher
 Any comments about Le Spectra?
Answer: Le Spectra, keep doing the great work, thanks a lot for having me. My Album “Rock A Nation” is releasing worldwide on April 30, 2013 and will be available in digital stores worldwide. Watch out for my universities of Islamabad tour and I will be handing over Free signed copies. Once Again, Thankyou. Osman Khan.


No comments:

Post a Comment