Salma Khan (Interview)

Name: Salma Khan
Nickname: samz
D.O.B: 4th June
Favorite dish: I love to eat anything made of chicken
Give us a brief introduction about yourself?
Basically I’m from Rawalpindi but currently I’m studying in London, UK. I’m a free lance software developer aswell. By nature I’m a very friendly and easy going person.
Study background? 
I have done software engineering and currently I‘m doing Ms in Information Management from London.
Photography as a passion or just a hobby? 
Well.. at first it was my hobby but gradually its turning into a passion. :)
How did you got into photography stuff?
My brother Ali Khan, he is into photography and his work was even published in “The Times” (uk). So by seeing his work I kind of developed an interest in Photography.

Who are your inspirations?
My brother and Mr. Irfan Ahson who is an amazing photographer
What else are your hobbies except photography?
I’ m a computer nerd! :p I love to do programming and learn new software other then that I like to read and travel.
Would you like to have interns with you?
Definitely, YES.
Who is the one person you would like to do or dying to do photo-shoot of?
Ah! Well I have a huge list; it’s really difficult to pick one. On top of ma list is Ian Somerhalder ;)
Was photography your passion?
No, it was just a hobby but now it’s becoming my passion.
In which kind of Photography section do you focus/ have more fun like fashion photo-shoots, outdoor shoots or wedding photo-shoots etc.?
I love doing outdoor photoshoots, as u get lots of stuff to play around with.
You got an opportunity to do photo shoot for many magazines and known people in this glamorous industry how was your experience working with them?
Every opportunity which I get is worth the value and experience.
What is important?
1. Good camera
2. Editing skills
3. Good face
I would say a Good camera but a good editing skill is a plus!

Let’s get a bit technical which cameras do you use? And it would be really great if you give a short review about it too?
I’m using canon 60D. It’s really a good camera for all those who want to adopt photography as a profession. It has excellent photo and video quality
Any tip for new photographers?
It all about believing in yourself. Don’t focus too much on the competition. It is very important to create what you love, not what someone else loves. Keep clicking ;)
What do you think is there any scope for photography in Pakistan?
Now a days photography is a very popular field in Pakistan and I think there is infinite scope.
Who has been most supportive while you were becoming a Photographer mum or dad?
Alhamdulillah, my parent have always supported me and encouraged me. I would not be the person I am today without them.
Any person you would like to say thank to?
I would love to thanks my parents who have always been there for me and have been my strength throughout my life. And here a big thanks to my brother, who gave me his own professional camera as a gift, when I first showed interest in photography.
Any moment when you were like I am the best photograph and you are leaving photography?
No.
Which,when,where were the best/interesting events you have covered till now?
In oct 2012, It was the wedding coverage of a lady doctor, both bride n groom and their families were full of life and I really enjoyed working with them in Islamabad.
One embarrassing and funny moment while you were on your work?
I forgot to take out the battery from the charger and I left if at home :p
What are the other goals you have?
I want to see my name as Dr. Salma Khan, n yes for that I’m anxiously waiting to start my PhD. B-)
Where do you see yourself in next few years?
My name in list of best photographers :)
Any message for your fans?
Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Life is simple, so don't make it hard. Stay Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment