Mandy Kaybee (Interview)

 Name: Mandy Kaybee
Nickname: Way too many! People just come up with weird ones like Mandooks or Mandizzle, and they just kind of stick haha.
Favorite quote:

“Be patient and strong, one day this pain will be useful to you”

“A tiger doesn’t lose sleep over the opinion of sheep”

Your sense of style?
I would say my style is more Rocker Chic mixed with a bit of anything else that catches my attention (and other’s attention too)! I definitely love the black leather jackets, spikes, high heels, studded leggings/jeans and crazy earrings! Accessory wise, I don’t like to wear too much. As I mentioned before I like the crazy earrings and, depending on how I feel I may add a giant ring on one hand.
Brand freak or street smart?
I have never been one to be interested, so to speak, in brand names. When I go shopping, I really don’t care what store I am in, whether it be name brand or not, but if something catches my eye, that’s what I would end up buying. I guess it’s my mother’s doing. She always told me as a kid, “It doesn’t matter where you purchase your clothes so long as you like it and it looks damn good on you”!

Who are the worst and the best dressed celebrity around?
The best dressed celebrity, in my opinion, would be Victoria Beckham. Whether she’s dressed casually, red carpet etc she always looks sexy and elegant! Some of her outfits are so simple but look amazing. The worst dressed celebrity would probably be Nicki Minaj. It just looks as if she went to a costume store and picked out all of the things she found cool and wore them all at once.
Favorite male and female model?
Favourite female model is Coco Rocha hands down. I love how fluid she is infront of the camera! She makes the weirdest faces/ poses and makes them look amazing! After watching a few of her “How to Pose” videos on YouTube, my jaw was on the ground! She is absolutely my favourite and my inspiration as a model! Favourite male model is Mat Gordon. He first caught my eye when I was watching TV and the Paco Rabanne One Million commercial came on! And it turns out, that both these models are Canadian too! Haha!
One fashion trend you think that is lame?
Hmm, I don’t know if the following two are considered as “fashion trends” but the two things that really get under my skin are Crocks and that moustache thing. Crocks are just gross! I don’t care how comfortable people say they are I just...can’t. As for those moustaches, they are EVERYWHERE! Necklaces, rings, on shoes, Band-Aids, why? Ugh.
You are personal trainer as well can you give the audience a few tips on how to keep yourself fit?
One tip would be to drink water whenever you can. It is excellent hydration, maintains body fluid levels, and helps your skin look amazing! Another tip would be to incorporate incidental exercises into your daily routine. For example, when going to the mall, instead of finding the closest parking spot, park further away. Instead of taking the elevator or escalators take the stairs. All these little changes do make a difference. Finally, simple exercises can take you a long way. For instance, going for walks, jogging, biking and swimming are really good for your cardio and overall fitness.
Which male model would you like to go on ramp or have a photoshoot with?
I would definitely love to do a shoot or go on ramp with Mat Gordon because not only is he amazing looking, he is also a top male model. Since he has been in this industry for a long time, it would be beneficial for me to have constructive criticism from such an experienced male model’s perspective.
How did you get your first break?
Well, I had modelled a little bit before my “break”, just a fashion show or two and maybe less than a handful of shoots. But my “big break” was last summer when I auditioned for the International Fashion Festival 2012. It was a three day long event with over twenty different designers from all over the world. It allowed me to make connections with other designers, makeup artists, photographers, make new friends and learn from everyone around me. I also had the pleasure to walk the ramp alongside Pakistani models such as Cybil Choudary, Neha Ahmed and Sabina Pasha, as well as Indian models such as Candace Pinto, Anchaal Kumar, Alyssia Raut, just to name a few. My journey since then has been interesting to say the least. I continue to aim higher, work harder and be the best that I can be without losing sight of who I am.
What’s the best and the worst part of being a model?
The best part of being a model would be getting to play dress up! I love dressing up- ranging from stylish and dressy to crazy and high fashion- it is all so much fun. The worst part of being a model would be the hassles of taking off all the makeup, undoing your hair and the pain associated with wearing high heels all day.
Funniest and embarrassing thing that ever happened at a fashion show or a shoot?
Overall I am a carefree, silly kind of person. Many think it is just me being me when at a shoot, or rehearsals for a fashion show and find it so strange how focused I can get during the shoot or shows. However, at the International Fashion Festival, as I was walking the ramp for Lebanese designer Walid Atallah, another model accidentally stepped on the front of my dress. When I went to take a step, I kind of tripped (I should just add that I did NOT fall haha) and I looked straight back up and started laughing. It was cute because the audience members started to clap. That has GOT to be one of the funniest things to have happened to me.
Which fashion photographer would you like to have for your portfolio/shoot?
Hmm, I would love to do a photoshoot with Solve Sundsbo. I love how much movement there is in his work, whether it is the model’s hair, the outfits, smoke, or water, his images are amazing!
Favorite designer?
My favourite designer has got to be Alexander McQueen. The clothes are so dark and ominous and very outside the box. I would LOVE to walk the ramp for this designer because the clothes are so strange and the fashion shows are so theatrical and mysterious- they just lure people right in.


Any interest in acting?
Yes! As of right now, I have only done one music video as the lead (Preet Mani- Nachdi) and working on a small roll for a TV show as a mother haha! But I definitely want to get into acting. Which do I like better? I don’t know yet, I think I would need to try more acting before I can make a decision.
Any last words?
“Any last words?” almost sounds like I am just about to be shot or something haha! This is such a vague question, I feel like I might just babble on too much about things that are off topic haha! But, just for anyone out there trying to get into modelling, acting or anything that they want to do, just do it! Only thing is don’t beat around the bush, be honest, truthful and hardworking...that’s what makes your successes so much more fruitful.
I definitely enjoyed this interview, it was a fun and different experience, hope there are more to come J
Aaand I guess I’ll throw my Facebook and Twitter accounts out there for anyone who would like to follow me :D
Facebook: Mandy Kaybee
Twitter: @mandykaybee
Thoughts on Lespectra?
I think Lespectra is an excellent source of promoting all sorts of talents. I think it is that reason why I agreed to this interview- it is a good cause. I wish them much success in achieving their goals J

No comments:

Post a Comment