Umair Jaffar (Interview)

Name: Umair Jaffar
Nickname: UJ
D.O.B: 11th January, 1986
Favorite dish: Ummm i love home-made Chicken Biryani and spicy BBQ.
Give us a brief introduction about yourself?
Just a normal person having passion for Photography. Born and grown up in Lahore, Pakistan. So a true lahori who love to travel and explore new places, new food. I am a self-taught person who love to learn new things and doing crazy fun experiments.
Study/professional background?
I did my Masters in Banking and Finance as majors. From last 5 years i am into Shares Trading, and also working as a FreeLancer.
How did you got into photography stuff? 
Hmmm well a friend of mine showed me his DSLR, and i was just so excited when i later checked the picture quality. That was around 2 years back when i decided to go for a DSLR and thats how my Photography journey started.
What type of photography attracts you the most? Mostly Landscape, wildlife andofcourse Portraits. Love to shoot people on their special moments. These days i am actually into Timelapse.
Inspirations? 
Timelapse Photography, Nature, colors, silence, creativity and the list goes on.. Pretty much all natural things around.
What else are your hobbies except photography?
Car detailing, love to care my car like my baby. Hangingout with friends and exploring new places. Reading articles on economy. Love to play Basketball and table tennis.
Would you like to have interns with you?
It depends on the situation. Sometimes i really feel that i need help in Post Procesing, so definately i will go for it later on, but not now.

Who is that one person you would like to do or dying to do photo-shoot of?
Every face has its own story, so not focussing on any one specific person. Always up to cover new faces.
Was photography your passion?
Not exactly, but after holding a camera in my hands and viewing the world from the viewfinder, it is my passion now.. Enjoying every click more and more.
What kind of shoots do you do most?
Portraits, i love catching smiling faces. But due to privacy concerns, i usually don’t upload portraits on my page.
Let’s get a bit technical which cameras and editing software’s do you use? And it would be really great if you give a short review about it too? 
I am using Nikon D7000 with couple of lenses covering from 11mm to 300mm range. Also have Nikon Prime lens and these days just saving for more Prime lenses. Other accessory includes Nikon Speedlight SB-700 , some high grade Filters and Tripod, few speedy class 10 Flash. Nikon D7000 is among the best and award winning crop sensor camera. Excellent colors rendering. Hopefully i’ll switch to Full Frame by the end of this year. Regarding Editing Software, i am just loving Adobe Lightroom 4 these days, its good to go, easy to use i.e adjusting colors, brightness, cropping and adding watermark to the pictures.
Who has been most supportive while you were becoming a Photographer from your family?
My parents, my sister and ofcourse my faunci who really encouraged me.
Any person you would like to say thank to?
Hmmm if i started naming names the list would never end. Regarding Photography, a big thanks to my teacher Ahsan Saeed for always helping me in Photography related things. And thanks to the Fans on my Page for appreciating my work.

Best event you have covered till now?
The best is yet to come, but till now enjoyed every event i have covered, specially Kids Birthday Parties. They are just so cute, energetic and so real fun.
One embarrassing /funny moment while you were on your work? 
Well i usually go out with friends to take Photographs and you know with friends its always fun. As far as embrassing moment, Alhamdu’Lillah not at all.
What are the other goals you have? 
Regarding Photography, my goal is to involve more and more people into this field and to teach them. Always up to help my juniors.
Advise for beginners? 
Just never give up in any thing. Keep working hard because nothing is easy to achieve in today’s competitive world. Just learn from your mistakes and try to not repeat them. Always Set up your priorities, keep learning and do your best to achieve your set goals.
Where do you see yourself in next few years? 
Uhhh a tough one. Well my goals are set and Alhamdu’Lillah i am achieving one by one. Things are working in right direction for me. On a lighter note, love to see myself as a good person and a better stock investor.
Any message for your fans?
Thank you so much guys for appreciating my work, this really motivate me to take more and more good clicks for my fans. On the other hand, i also thank those who critically analyze my work, this really help me in learning new things and thus getting improvment in my work.
Thoughts on lespectra?
Literally i have no idea regarding this site before, but now browsing different categories on this page, i must say a great effort. Le’spectra provides a wonderful source for new talents to be recognized and i am feeling very lucky to get interviewed by them. Excellent platform to know eachother and to read about profiles and lifestyle of other personalities. Very creative i must say, Good job and keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment