Muhammad Ali (Interview)


Name: Muhammad Ali
Nikname: Bao (I know its weird)
DOB: 1rst May, 1996
Tell us something about yourself?
The name's Ali, recently completed my O ' levels. I've been singing since I can remember. The only thing that appeals to me when I'm melancholic is a hot cup of coffee and my guitar. I love all sorts of creativity; music, art etc. My dream is to reach to a position where it would be hard for me to listen to my own voice while singing. ( Heavy crowd cheering.)
Any inspiration in this field of music?
Nusrat fateh Ali khan, Muhammad Rafi, Alamgir, Shafqat Amanat Ali, Junaid jamshaid, Ali Azmat and Abdullah Qureshi (Recently added).
How did you get started with all this?
My Maamu took a detour from his normal routine and came to our place. He convinced my father to buy me a guitar. Thus, my music originates from there. I owe my Father and Mother BIG time. If it weren't for them, I'd still be only a bookworm.

Any incident you remember when performing?
Haha, I was performing in Al-Hamra. A little girl came up to me after I was done with my songs. She said that i sounded great. She gave me her doll. :'). The best memory uptil now.
What are the five things you can’t live without?
Music, novels, childhood cartoons , coke, football.
What is you favorite song to belt out at the bar/in the car/for karaoke?
I'd have to say that my all time favorite song/lullaby is "Right here waiting" by Richard Marx and "Gali mein aaj chand nikla"
For our readers who have never heard your music, explain your sound in 5 words?
Powerful, expressive, captivating, soul-catching, mesmerizing.
P.s: I'm not just writing these words, I've been given all of the above words as compliments by others.
If I was to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would I see on your recently played list?
Nusrat, Coldplay, Richard Marx, Bryan Adams, Christina Perri.
If you could go open up for any artist on tour right now who would it be?
Atif Aslam, as maaaaany people attend his concerts. Thus more platform for me to promote myself.
So, what’s your favorite thing to do when you aren’t writing/producing/ playing etc?
Playing Fifa'13 with my lil' brother. .     

  
You write all of your own music; where do you draw inspiration from when you write songs and what’s your favorite part about the proccess?
I try to feel the environment. I normally go to a place when greenery surrounds me. (My lawn). I mainly compose the songs I make, the lyrics are in English so they don't count much. As far as Urdu songs are concerned, I'll be making a very "fun-tertaining" song. I've wrote the song myself. I might release it somewhere in late December 2013 or early January 2014, Insha'Allah.
Five years from now you will be…?
Tough question. If, Insha'Allah, everything goes according to plan, I'd continue with medical. I might be in Aga Khan, or some medical College/University abroad.
Rapid Fire Round!!
Microphone: Spotlight.
Stage: Huge Audience.
Music: Andy Summer's solo in " Every breath you take"
Metal,Rock or Pop: Pop.
What inspires you to jot down lyrics: My experiences.
Coke Studio: Tou Kia Hua.
Crowd/Audience: Wembley Stadium concert. (My concert ofcourse)
Any comments about Le Spectra?
I believe that Le spectra provides a wonderful source for new talents to be recognized  I'm fortunate to have been interviewed by these people. Thank you, le Spectra, You guys are awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment