Z’en (Interview)

Name: Z’en (Zain Ul Abdin)
Nickname: d.b or Zainu.
D.O.B: 15th Oct 92
Favorite dish: Nothing in particular just whatever my mom cooks for me. Though, there's a recent interest towards Chinese food. Who would be interested in knowing all of this anyway?
Tell us a bit about yourself?
Well I'm just me. Nothin' extraordinary. I have no "special" talent but I'm passionate about music. This is something what I truly love. This is what I wanna do and this is what makes me happy.. producing, composing, rapping and all this stuff.
Inspirations?
When I first listened to rap, it was Eminem’s. I was crazy about him, infact still am. But the one who really inspired me to become a rapper is Lupe Fiasco. A muslim rapper, who mostly raps about his country and Islam. In short, The guy speaks his heart out. He played a big part in inspiring me.
Also, as a "chota mota" music producer, my inspiration is Clint Mansell. His Orchestral music is beyond epicness.

Study background?
I've spent almost all my life in Saudia Arabia. That's where I grew up and that's where I studied till O levels. Then I moved to Islamabad, Pakistan and Joined Froebel's, where I finished my A levels but after that I took a year gap. Honestly, that was one of the most frustrating year of my life. However, I gave SATs paper in that year and took admission in Air University for Electrical Engineering. Worst.Decision.Ever.
What are your raps about?
I try to be real. I write what I feel. Mostly about Pakistan and it's problems. I've also wrote some intense, deep meaning rap verses too like about how we are all tied up in the worldly matters that we have forgotten our main purpose. So, stuff like that I've written and recorded. It's all in my computer but I'll only release when the time's right and when I feel that it's perfect, till then it all stays in there
Have you ever performed in front of any audience?
Yes ofcourse. and I swear, every single time when I'm on the stage, I get chills. It's just the feeling I can't put in words!

Who do you think is the living king of rap?
Eminem hands down
Define rapping in your own words?
Delivering a message, telling people what they need to know and what I want them to know.
That one rapper you would love to work with?
I would prefer somebody else than a rapper, like Skylar Grey. She gives the best chorus!
Where do you see yourself in next few years?
I have no idea to be honest. It all depends on the people and their response to whatever I have to offer them.
Any upcoming projects?
Yes, and a big one. I've wrote and composed a song "Aashiyano Pe" featuring Syed Anosh Ali. He has THE most amazing voice and is just perfect for this song. We've been working on it with Shamoon Ismail. The guy I admire and respect so much because of his talent and dedication to the work. Without him, this song wouldn't have been possible.
Is there any message you consistently try to portray in your music?
I try to deliver all sorts of messages but what I try to focus more on to make Pakistan a better place for living and stop destroying our own country.
If you got a record deal at this second, would you accept it?
Absurd question. Ofcourse I would. In a heartbeat!
Where can we find you online?
Best part. Promotion timeee!
Facebook: Z'en www.facebook.com/zenbeatz
Reverbnation: www.reverbnation.com/zain619
Youtube: www.youtube.com/musicsbyzen
Views about lespectra?
Lespectra is doing a marvelous job in promoting and appreciating the young talent. I'm glad that there are people like Muhammad Fahad who is running this Lespectra and making it easier for us to reach to more people and let our voice be heard.