Abraash khan (Interview)


Name: Abraash Khan
Nick name: A.K
DOB: July 1998
Favorite dish: Lamb tikka (y)
Tell us about yourself?
I am a normal 14 year old kid. I love the game of cricket. But its unfortunate of all the false stereo types that are made of the sport in the west.
Who inspired you to become a cricketer?
My little brother got me caught up in cricket fever but my inspiration as a cricketer and person is Imran khan, a true role model.
You are Canadian cricket team’s youngest under 19 player, how does it feel like?
It’s Awesome because they call me the team baby. But to know the team can’t go without you or any player is a special feeling. We play like family and lose like family. Age is nothing but a number.

You got a chance to go to NCA Lahore, How was your experience there attending the workshop?
It was a great experience. I got a good taste of the level overseas. I also got the privilege to work with great Pakistani legends like Aaqib Javed and Mohsin Kamal.
Which area are you really good at batting or bowling?
I am an all-rounder. I open the bowling and bat in the early order. I am the opening fast bowler for the Canadian team and my batting has been proved useful and hopefully I can make contributions to help our team qualify for the under 19 cricket world cup next year.
Do you think is there any scope for cricket in Canada?
 Interestingly, cricket is growing at a rapid rate in the GTA area. There are lots and lots of clubs competing at all different levels. Some teams are rejected as-well because of the lack of cricket grounds and facilities. There are very impressive juniors and having seen some of the level overseas, I could compare Canada to be alongside some of the great cricketing nations.
Other than cricket which other sport do you like to play?
I like to play football and anything that requires catching a ball LOL.

You have played many matches with different countries in which match did you really enjoyed?
Its always a great feeling playing a match against another country. There are nerves and excitement rushing through your veins. One of the most fun parts of playing against other countries though, is that you get to stay overseas and go on tours. Going overseas for a week or two with a team to play a sport is always a great time and also in the dressing room with your team mates. We have had many unforgettable moments.
Any favorite match?
we were coming off a very embarrassing loss to USA the day before and we were gutted. we were in trouble early because we lost early wickets but i made 77 runs off 69 balls and tope scored helping our team get a respectable total. When we came into bowl we all came together as a team and pulled off a great win over Bermuda.
In future which team would you like to play with Pakistan or Canada?
Aha, it depends on where Canada stands as a cricketing nation when the time comes.
Along with cricket how good are you at your studies?
Sports is always a very unpredictable career. One major injury could end you career. So it’s always essential to have the right education and knowledge to pursue a normal career. It’s really important with me to keep up your grades as well.
Any one person you would like to say thank too?
I would like to say thank you to my family (parents) and my coach Derek Perera for now. But the real thank you’s will hopefully be going out in 10 years’ time.
Where do you think you would be in next 5 years?
We’ll see how plans work out. The dream is to play for a major cricketing nation in a world cup though.
Any message to support cricket in Canada?
Cricket’s more than a game. It’s a matter about Representing the RED.