Marjan Fatima Bokhari (Interview)

 Name: Marjan Fatima Bokhari
Nickname: MJ
Age: 22
Favorite quote: "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade." William Battie
Your sense of style?
My sense of style I would say is very chic and innovative. I like to go for crisp and clean looks, which are comfortable yet, unique. I love experimenting with my wardrobe.
Brand freak or street smart?
Street Smart
Who are the worst and the best-dressed celebrity around?
Worst Nicki Minaj and Best Blake Lively
Favorite model?
Miranda Kerr and Cara Delevinge
One fashion trend you think that is lame?
Jeggings for girls and Meggings for men! This was not a strict 2012 trend, nor will it completely disappear any time soon — but a girl can hope. I see this over and over and over again — the cropped top and Jeggings. Wearing a long tunic that covers your behind? Sure. But the T-shirt and jeggings look looks immature at best and vulgar at worst. Let’s not even talk about meggings.

You run a fashion blog as well, what can your fans/audience find in it? 
It’s called MarjanFatimaBokhari’s fashion blog: http://www.facebook.com/MjsBlogs?ref=hl Basically it revolves around me and how I carry my clothes on everyday basis, I talk about latest trends and how to manage them here in Pakistan. I review online clothing stores as well to let people know what to order from where.
The tips you give on your blog, do people actually follow them and do you see yourself succeeding in this blogging world?
So far I have seen a lot of appreciation on my blog. Girls specially appreciate my work a lot. I get a lot of emails from people asking what kind of clothes they should wear regarding different events and I love helping them out. People do keep on asking me if my clothes are on sale somewhere? Maybe I’ll open an online store soon. Well I’m one of a kind in Pakistan as far as I know. People do blog here about fashion but not like I do. So I’m bringing something different to the table I think if all goes well I would love to bring international designers here and work with them.
What do you think has the fashion scene in Pakistan improved in the last few years and what other changes can be brought to make the fashion scene even better?
Fashion in Pakistan is amazing, It has definitely improved a lot but insanely expensive and the everyday wear is not given that much importance. I would like to see designers work more cost effective but trendy everyday wear. Feeha Jamshed is heading in this direction I love her collections.
What’s the best and the worst part of being a model?
The best part is that you get to travel a lot, meet new people, meet big designers and then obviously the part when your getting the look! I enjoy creative shoots where I look completely different. This is on replay in my head “left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot….” a models favorite song Ahahahahahaha. There is no bad part if you love what you do.
Funniest and embarrassing thing that ever happened at a fashion show or a shoot?
I had to climb a tree in heels and when I got to the branch I was suppose to stand on one of the heels broke. And I almost slipped off the tree. During that struggle I tore the dress a little a bit while trying to cling on for life. And when I finally got everything together and we decide to shoot without shoes, there wasn’t enough light so the photographer decided the he’s not going to shoot there. Yes! This happens.

Which fashion photographer would you like to have for your portfolio/shoot.
It’s hard to choose one but I’ll name a few Patrick Demarchelier, Mario Testino, Mert & Marcus, Greg Kadel, Mikael Jansson and Ather Shehzad
Favorite designer?
Elle Saab (I dream to be on his catwalk)
Any interest in acting?
I’m an explorer so I would love to try.
Any last words?
"Style is the answer to everything. A fresh way to approach a dull or dangerous thing. To do a dull thing with style is preferable to doing a dangerous thing without it. To do a dangerous thing with style is what I call art." Charles Bukowski
Thoughts on Lespectra?
It’s an interesting concept.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I think we need hardworking and talented people in Pakistan like Marjan Fatima. In my opinion I think Marjan Fatima has a unique sense of style, on how one should carry their wardrobe as well as personality. Because not a lot of people know how to dress up. People have been following many designers and brands all over for a long time but I think Marjan Fatima brings a fresh and trendy look through her style and gives a sense on how to dress up in a unique style. Fashion scene in Pakistan has been booming for many years, so many stores and outlets in the major cities of Pakistan but sometimes it is very hard for some people to purchase and find the exact dress or their desired clothes due to high prices or unavailability. I think Marjan should definately open up an outlet and an online service for those people who have a sense of style and want to follow the new, classy style but don't have the means. I wish Marjan Fatima the best of luck and keep up the good work. And I hope that through her work people learn more about fashion and how to carry oneself. Good luck! and stay classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring for the up coming talents in our society! It is indeed worth appreciating and promoting such youth who are setting up good examples and projecting an immense amount of quality work, taking up our cultural and fashion industry to the next level. I think most girls who have read her blog would admit that it is not just any fashion blog, its about our everyday dressing. We stand in front of our wardrobe for hours and complain of how less clothes, shoes or even accessorizes we have - through her blog, she is always giving away tips and ideas to make up most of what we already have, which I personally love since I hardly get time to go out on shopping trips amid work. I want to wish her all the very best in her future expeditions! and hope she keeps on enlightening us with her wonderful creativity.

    ReplyDelete