Anis Ul Hassan (Interview)

Name: Anis Ul Hassan
Nickname: None.
Favorite dish: Aalo Qeema, Nihari.. can’t recall all of them right now :D
D.O.B: 25th July 1992
Swag or Class?
Just be what you are, they’ll come to you.
Tell us a bit about yourself?
I have been singing and playing guitar since I was 12, I’m a self-taught vocalist and musician and so far the experiences have been awesome. Though, I have opened up gigs for a lot of singers but I gained tremendous appreciation from all Pakistan LUMS OLYMPIAD 2012 singing competition and City School National Song competition. Recently I won the “T-SERIES INDIA JISM-2 Cover Competition” and have been awarded BEST COVER ON YOU TUBE, which was personally appreciated by Pooja Bhatt and Mahesh Bhatt on Twitter.
Inspirations?
It’s JUNOON undoubtedly, specifically Ali Azmat. I can’t even remember the age at which I had started listening and playing their songs on guitar. By the time I was a little older, I had started making public appearances as in mini concerts and gigs covering Junoon’s songs.
Study background ?
I’m doing my bachelors in Business Administration from Bahria University Islamabad. Since my father was in the Army, my schooling was mostly done in Army Public Schools.
Being a musician was it a dream?
To be honest I’m still in the pursuit of achieving my goals as a musician, but yeah I’m really grateful to the Almighty that so far I’ve been successful in fulfilling my dream.
You are now a known celeb of Pakistan how does it feel when people are like “wo dekho anis”?
Hahaha this is all so new to me that I swear I have no clue how to react to my fans. Ofcourse, your mind is rocketed to the outer space when you see your music video being played in the cafés and on television.
One stupid thing you did and still remember?
:D When I was in 6th class, there was an annual parents day and we weren’t supposed to sing any songs other than the national or patriotic tracks, so I went up to the stage and started singing Sab Toh Sohniye by Faakhir infront of my Principal and all the faculty, which angered him up a lot at that time but the crowd loved it and he didn’t mind as well. That was really an unforgettable moment.
Your first debut song Mahiwaal got great appreciation? How does it feel?
The feelings are no doubt, out of this world, I mean I honestly didn’t expect it to be such a big hit. My facebook fanpage increased to 7000 plus fans, and Mahiwal was appreciated all over the country. Even I got messages from outside Pakistan which elevated my morale a lot!
Who is most supportive regarding your singing thing?
My father and my brothers Awais and Saqlain bhai specially, I consider myself very lucky as I had the most understanding and supportive parents, teachers and friends.
You’ve got some great vocal skills which genre do you prefer singing?
I value all genres of music and not just Rock or Pop. The way I see it, Music is an ocean, not just a pond.
Else than singing what are you good at?
I’m good at watching movies, hanging out with my friends and annoying the teachers. :D
Fame or money?
Money which is earned properly also paves the way for increased fame.
Which Pakistani female singer would you like to collaborate with?
I really wish I could collaborate with Abida Parveen.
How do you manage all of these things together like singing and studies?
I try to keep my grades high so that my father who’s affording my study expenses won’t mind me playing the guitar for a while :D
Any upcoming projects?
Loads of them, stay tuned!
Who is that one person you would like to thank and say sorry to?
I wanna thank so many people who’ve supported my during my musical career, but I’m afraid the interview would be dragged like anything if I did :D And I’m sorry if anyone has kept any grudge in his/her black little heart. :p
Define love?
Pyar andha hota hai. B-)
You after 5 years?
I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the next few seconds :D, but inshAllah I’ll be releasing all those projects that have been lined up for some time.
Any message for your fans?
No matter how shitty you feel about what you are doing… no matter how feisty is the criticism you face, you’ve got to keep doing it, coz honestly, there is no turning back. It is very easy to criticize for no reason, but what benefits a young singer and makes him a professional is encouragement and providing him with a healthy platform to nourish his skills.