Hary Belial's (Interview)

Name : Haroon
Nickname: Hary
DOB : 12 Feb 1988
Favourite quote: People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
Tell us a bit about yourself Hary? 
I guess I had sucha horrible life growing up, going from place to place not knowing what I was gonna do. There was a lotta pain & anger that's coming out through my guitar playing and when you're hurt & scared for so long, the fear & pain turn to hate & the hate starts to change the world.
How old were you when you first played guitar? 
I think my mum bought me my first guitar when I was 13-14 and my fingers'd not go to the sixth string so I took off the big E and played with just five strings(laughs).
What was the first guitar you ever owned? 
I think that's Kona acoustic. The time I broke my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. R.I.P. Kona! See you in Hell(laughs).

How often do you usually play/practice for each week?
I don't know it depends I think more than 7-8 hours a day.
Who are your favorite guitar players? 
Jason Becker, Eddie Van Halen, Gary Moore, David Gilmour, Vinnie Moore, Randy Rhoads, Jimi Hendrix, John Petrucci, Michael Angelo Batio, Jake E lee, John Sykes, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jimmy Page, Tony Iommi, Chuck Schuldiner, Jesper Stromblad, Morten Veland, Paul Gilbert, Janick Gers, Mikael Akerfeldt, Slash, Dave Mustain, Petri Lindroos, Dave Murray, Jeff Hanneman, Kai Hansen, Alexi Laiho and many more.
What was the first riff you ever learned? 
Metallica's Nothing Else Matters(laughs).
What are the five things you can’t live without?
My Guitars, Laptop, Bike, Beer and Marlboro Cigarettes.
What is your favorite song to belt out at the bar/in the car/for karaoke? 
Everytime I Die by Children Of Bodom.
If I was to turn on your ipod right now, what five artists/songs would I see on your recently played list?
Well I don't have an ipod (laughs) yeah you'd see in my Iphone tho. Ozzy Osborne, Children of Bodom, Opeth, Guns N' Roses, In Flames, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica's Black Album and Dream Theatre's Systematic Chaos, and many more Metal shit.
How would you describe the relationship with your instrument? 
Like father and son. Mess with father get the horns and mess with my babies get the whole damn bull.
What advice would you give to other aspiring guitarists out there?
Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded. Never give up !! 

Rapid Fire Round!!
Microphone : Neumann 47FET, Audio Technica AE5400 and shure sm7.
Stage : Wacken open air, Rock in Rio and Rock am Ring.
Music : I love all kindsa Metal especially MDM from Scandinavia.
Metal,Rock or Pop : Ofc. Metal & Rock N' Roll.
Crowd/Audience : Pure Metalheads.
Guitar : Ibanez RG Series, Jackson and ESP/LTD.
Any comments about Le Spectra?
Greetings from London, ya guys rock !!

No comments:

Post a Comment